Home > Events >
Savill's Inter-Island Race - Jersey to Guernsey
Savill's Inter-Island Race - Jersey to Guernsey
The Savills Inter Islands Race will be from Jersey to Guernsey.
This event is organised by the Guernsey Yacht Club. Please visit www.gyc.org.gg for details.
Friday 23rd June at the St Helier Yacht Club
- 17.30 - 18.45 hrs - crews meet and enjoy bar facilities.
- 19.00 hrs - the race briefing will be held at the SHYC.
- Mooring/Rafting in St Helier, either on Pontoon 5 at the Albert Quay or in the Visitors Marina will be £20 per boat, only if paid in advance with the Savills race entry fee.
Saturday 24th June
Timetable subject to change
- 10:30 hrs - the Race will start. In accordance with the Sailing Instructions the time limit is 17:00 hrs.
- On arrival in Guernsey you will be able to Moor/Raft up on the Swan Pontoons in the outer harbour, most of which will have direct shore access.
- Mooring/Rafting up in St Peter Port on 24th June will be £20 per boat, only if paid in advance with the Savills race entry fee.
- It is important to remember to submit your Declaration Form on arrival at the GYC BEFORE you relax and enjoy the bar facilities and entertainment.
- 15.00 onwards - enjoy the bar services at the GYC
- 18:00 - 20:00 hrs - Supper will be available for holders of the supper vouchers between these hours no set seating is allocated.
- Tickets can be booked on Part 2 of the Entry Form. The Supper Ticket price of £18.00 per head includes: Thai Green Curry (Chicken), Himalayan Vegetable Curry or Lasagne (British Classic), plus a choice of desserts.
- 20:00 - 20:45 hrs - Prizegiving - Savills, will present the prizes accompanied by Martin Priest, Rear Commodore Sailing of the GYC, and Jeff Speller, Commodore of the SHYC.
- 20:45 - 24.00 hrs - GYC bar remains open with entertainment and music
|Champagne Time Trial Feeder Race|
FEEDER RACE TO JERSEY
FRIDAY 23rd June 2023
HW ST PETER PORT: 10.34, 7.6m HW ST HELIER: 10.22, 9.0m
Organising Authority: Guernsey Yacht Club LBG (GYC)
Saturday 24th June 2023
Jersey to Guernsey
- Entry Forms can be found on-line at www.gyc.org.gg from 6th May 2023. Payment, of both the Entry Fee and Mooring Fees (if applicable) must be made in accordance with the instructions on the Entry Form prior to the Closing Date which shall be:
- Saturday 17th June 2023 at 12:00 Entry Fee £30 per boat
- Late entries will be accepted if received by 12:00 on Wednesday 21st June 2023, together with a Late Entry Fee of £60. The price of Supper Tickets and Mooring Fees can be found in the letter accompanying these Sailing Instructions or on the Entry Form.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
Property advisor Savills has agreed to sponsor this years Inter-Island Yacht Race between Jersey and Guernsey. Sailed each year since 1964, this years event takes place on 24th June. The race remains the premier sailing event in the Channel Islands and typically attracts entries of 60 to 100 yachts of all types and sizes, involving between 300 and 500 sailors.
Savills has offices in both Guernsey and Jersey and Martin Priest, Rear Commodore of the Guernsey Yacht Club, said they were delighted to have the new sponsors on board. We are very pleased to have found a sponsor so enthusiastic about the race and the inclusive forum it provides for friendly inter-island rivalry between sailors in Guernsey and Jersey, he said. The club has had a long association with Savills and Martel Maides, its earlier local trading name, with several of its directors and staff having been members of our club for more than 50 years. We are delighted that Savills has agreed to continue its sponsorship and look forward to working with them and our friends at the St Helier Yacht Club to make the event a huge success.
Jeff Speller, Commodore of the St Helier Yacht Club added: As the largest race in our calendar this event is enthusiastically supported by a complete cross-section of the sailing community, with entries including family groups as well as the more serious racing teams. Such a large and diverse number of participants only serves to enhance the tremendous spirit of inter-island rivalry which exists in sailing, as it does with most local sports. We are looking forward to this years event with even greater enthusiasm and working with our colleagues in Guernsey Yacht Club and Savills to ensure a great spectacle on the water and a memorable challenge.
Tony Rowbotham, head of Savills Channel Islands, said they were delighted to be sponsoring this years event following the success of last years. As an office, we are always keen to support local events whenever we can and it doesnt get any bigger than the inter-island yacht race. The event brings together so many people from both islands and there is always a fantastic atmosphere and great community spirit, we cant wait to welcome everyone out onto the water.